Family in Need
Polaris has ‘adopted’ a family facing tremendous financial hardship this holiday season. A single father with 10 kids and one grandchild is in need of toys, clothing and toiletries. The children made no wish lists because they knew their father could not afford anything. Each of our classrooms has adopted two family members:
Ms. Sargent – 9 year old girl and 10 year old boy
Ms. Haynes – 15 year old girl, the father
Mrs. Post – 20 year old girl and her 3 week old daughter
Ms. Verrill – 7 year old boy and 1 year old girl
Ms. Petzold – 5 year old girl and 1 year old boy
Mrs. Dudley – 13 year old boy and 3 year old girl
Please help any way you can. The deadline is Monday, December 16th and all items should be unwrapped. The children’s sizes are average and correspond to their age.
Polaris Star Students
- Next Friday the 20th is the last day to submit Box Tops for our current classroom contest.
- There is going to be just one staff person at the curb for drop off in the mornings. If there is no one at the curb, please DO NOT let your child out of the car. Thank you!
- Please remember to have your name placard displayed at pick up. If you need one please call 634-0034
- Please send appropriate outerwear for recess
- On Thursday December 19th the primary classes will be getting together to make gingerbread houses. We would really appreciate some help with supplies and some volunteers to help supervise, pour candy, etc. Please follow the link to sign up to help: http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/asudx
- Follow this link to Amazon Smiles, which will give back a percentage of your Amazon purchase to PEF. Once you sign in, use the search feature to select Polaris Education Foundation (NOT Polaris Charter School). It is that simple. Took me less than 2 minutes. Also, please share these directions with friends, family, and anyone from Polaris not on Facebook. Thanks! Happy shopping https://smile.amazon.com/ch/45-5265005
- Volunteers are critical for operating Polaris, we ask every family to commit at least 10 hours a year toward making children’s experience at the best it can be! Click here to view the opportunities to help us. If you need more information about volunteering, contact PEF Volunteer Coordinator, Melissa Coffey, or call Polaris Charter School Administrative Assistant, Michelle Mathieu at 603-634-0034.
The Show Choir is excited to present their first Holiday Show. They have been hard at work rehearsing a range of music including some traditional holiday songs and an assortment of pieces from Annie, Oliver!, and The Sound of Music. This free concert will be held at the Manchester Public Library Auditorium – the main location at 405 Pine Street – on Thursday, December 19th at 6:00 pm. This will be a great way to celebrate the holiday spirit, arts in our school, and our wonderful Polaris community before our winter break.
Pats Peak Ski Program
Pats would like us to do 100% online registrations. The User Name is Polaris, the password is student. It is case sensitive. The P is uppercase and student is all lowercase.
This program is a really great way to spend the grey Wednesdays of January. We had a lot of fun last year and hope even more kids will take advantage of the program this year! For more information, contact Jen Stylianos at email@example.com.
- There is a PEF meeting on Monday December 16th. Starting in January, meetings will be on the 3rd Thursday of the Month again.
- Original Works art items are in, they will be coming home in backpacks soon.
- Our first Parent Coffee Get-Together of the new year will be on Wednesday January 8th.
- Weekend Movie Matinee, Sunday January 12th. Double header! One movie for younger audiences, one for older. Details coming soon.