A New Year Begins
As I observed our students in their classrooms and at recess, it doesn’t seem possible that we have only been in school for about a week. Friendships have been rekindled and new ones have been formed. It’s very fitting that friendship is the Core Value that we are highlighting during the month of September. This is one of the ways we implement our social-emotional curriculum. We have talked about friendship at our morning Gathering and there has been discussion and activities in our classrooms. Today, we recognized some students that really went above and beyond to be a good friend this week. Congratulations to Sophia Biondollilo, Sebastian Dudley, Wren Chretien, Gabby Falco, Delaney Root, Evan Veit and Lucas Wing!
Our 2013-2014 school year has gotten off to a great start. This is large part due to the many volunteers who helped out in our building over the summer to assist with making Polaris Charter School shine bright (literally!). The entire 2nd floor was renovated to ready additional classrooms, acoustic tiles were installed in our Gathering Room to reduce noise, as well as many other projects too numerous to mention. In addition, we have received donations of copy paper and other school supplies. We rely heavily on volunteers to help with things that many other schools receive funding for. There are many opportunities to volunteer. Please contact Melissa Coffey to find out how you can help.
Reminders for Parents
Please put your child’s name on their coats, sweaters, etc. if possible. We already have quite a lost and found accumulating.
- We are now signed up for Target’s Take Charge of Education Program. To register your red card, go to www.target.com/tcoe. Our school ID is 153368.
- Shop at Hannaford and earn 3 school dollars for every 4 participating products that you purchase. Deposit your school dollars in the Polaris Charter School office. The program runs through December 1, 2013. For more information, go to www.Hannaford.com/hha.
Help us earn money for our playground just by shopping!
North Star Gift Bazaar – October 5th – If your child is interested in making a craft to sell, please contact either Kathy Burtram or Melissa Coffey.
Currier Art Enrichment 1:15 – 2:15 Wednesday, September 18th
- “ThankScriping Day” on https://www.shopwithscrip.com/. Some of the biggest donations they’ve ever offered on ScripNow purchases.
- Destination Imagination information session at 6:15.
- September’s PEF meeting at 7:00